Tip: Rather than always getting upset at your child(ren). Look at the more positive side of things, than the negative side of things... The Number #1 thing is : Talk to your child(ren) not at them... Don't slip into this bad habit.
This one word alone is something that I struggle with still to this day. Which I have noticed over the years, that I'm not alone: (Don't)
- Don't do that!
- Don't forget to make your bed.
- Don't forget to clean your room.
- Don't Run. Walk!
- Don't use that tone with me!
When you use a positive word(s). You will be pleasantly surprise of the out come.
Positive word(s): (Please), (Thank You), (Appreciate) just to name a few.
- Please don't do that.
- Please make your bed.
- Please clean your room.
- I would really appreciate. If you would make the right choice, and not run. But walk.
- Let me ask you. Are you making the right choice by using that tone with me?
Now keep in mind; once you have decided that you are going to make this change. You can't just do this once or twice. You need to stay consistent , meaning it will be a work in progress. Don't give up...