Monday, October 5, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Came Last Night...

Our oldest son's bottom tooth has been loose for quite some time. The other night he came to us and said, "Ok Daddy I'm ready for you to pull it now," and opened his month as big as he could. My hubby didn't even have to touch the tooth to see if it was ready to be pulled or not; you could just see that it was holding on by a thread (by a little bite of skin)... My hubby wrapped some string around it, and with in a blink of an eye the tooth was out. Our son started screaming, "The Tooth Fairy Is Coming Tonight," over, and over again (he was so excited). He gave daddy a big huge and said, "thanks daddy it didn't hurt," "how much money do you think the tooth fairy will give me?" We just started laughing; we couldn't believe that a 6 year old would be wondering about the profit that he would be receiving from the tooth fairy (what a character). The Tooth Fairy came later that night when he was fast asleep. Because the next morning our son came running into our room yelling at the top of his lungs, "The Tooth Fairy came," "The Tooth Fairy came," "she gave me a whole dollar." That child was acting like he won the lotto... But all in all, just to see him so happy was a good day :-)

10 comments:

  1. That's one thing I could never do. Pulling teeth just made me too queasy.

    When I read tooth fairy stories, I still get a little miffed at my parents for just giving me a dime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the removed comment, had a bad error in it.. let me try again.

    That is way too adorable!!
    And getting a tooth pulled for the first time is scary for a lot of kids, your little guy is brave! He sounds like such a sweet little kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. I love the magic in make believe. I remember how exciting it was to receive a box of crayola crayons with the built-in sharpener from Santa. Santa and the Tooth Fairy, now there's good people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great moment! I am all into the tooth fairy now after reading the book "What the Dickens" by Gregory Maguire. Now following from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute and brave! Already has a head for making money huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower!
    I can't pull teeth! Eek!

    ReplyDelete