Friday, September 4, 2009

Did you say Diet & Exercise?

I was always complaining that I don't have a enough time for fitness. After all, looking after two crazy little boys is a full time job with in itself right? You can ask my husband, I had every excuse in the book; you name it I said it. I finally thought to myself, "enough is enough". So I sat down and thought what can I do to add diet & exercise into my daily life style; when I'm at home with the children. This is what I came up with.

Diet:

Breakfast - I would have a whole red apple sliced up or a 100 calorie breakfast bar, and a glass of vanilla soy milk.

Lunch - I would have one Lean Cuisine meal.

Dinner - I would get out a salad plate, and what ever I cooked for dinner that night. I would serve myself my dinner on a salad plate; not a dinner plate. I would not go back for seconds.

Exercise:

Vacuuming - I would do lunges while vacuuming the house.

Baby Squats - I would put our little guy; which is now 3 years old (not little anymore). In his baby carrier, and try to do at least 5 to 10 squats going one way. Then turn around and do 5 to 10 squats; going back the same direction.

Commercials - After the kids went down for a nap. I would put on the TV, and watch Jon & Kate plus 8, What Not to Wear, or Baby Story; you can probably tell I like TLC. When they would cut to a commercial; I would take that opportunity to do sit ups or push ups. Then when the show came back on I would stop; I would do that about 3 to 4 different times.

So the moral of my story is; it took about a good month or two. I dropped 3 pants sizes. I was very pleased with myself. I started out in a size 12 pants, & now I am a size 8.

I just wanted to share my story with you ladies!

2 comments:

  1. goo advice about working out. i am in procrastination h#ll right now. i will try to do sit ups during commercials. wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely wish you luck. Keep me posted on how it goes:)

    ReplyDelete