Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wow Mommy Look At All These Books...

It was so cute last week; I took my little 3 year old son to are local Library; while his older brother was in school that day. I was trying to get him their in time for storytime; but we missed it. Right after we walked in I hear this little voice say, "WOW mommy look at the books." You would of thought he walked into a toy store; he had the biggest smile on his face, and the funny thing about it is; this was not the first time he has been to the Library. "Mommy can I have that," "and that," "and that," this little guy was in heaven... But this is were the fun really began; when I took him over to the children's books. Next thing I know; he had about 3 to 5 different books sitting all around him. He had each one of them open, and you could tell he was loving every minute of it. Now of course Mommy reads to him and his brother every night before they go to bed, and they both really enjoy it. But I think this is because; this was the first time he had been to the library without his brother; so I think instead of always wanting to be looking at what ever book his brother was looking at. He took sometime out for himself... we stayed at the library for a good couple of hours or more. He kept wanting to pick out more and more. By the time we left that day; I had checked out 7 children's books, and he helped mommy carry them out to the car. I would have to say this was a wonderful day at the Library that was spent with my little guy...

6 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! You're going to have yourself a scholar :) My girls love the library too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment... Hope he will be a scholar. Well see:-)

    Thanks Again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day for both of you! That's great that he loves books so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're actually going to storytime today at our local library. The kids love it!! Found you over at MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We agree! It is so neat to have those special moments with our younger kids (seeing their joy in the small things in life) while their older siblings are at school! Very special!

    Found your lovely blog through MBC - we're following!

    Feel free to check us out at: http://homemademamas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute! I've actually noticed a difference, too, in my younger son when we go to the library without his 4 year old brother.

    ReplyDelete